5 WAYS TO HELP YOUR DOG THROUGH FIREWORKS SEASON
1. - Avoid letting your dog outdoors at times when fireworks are likely to go off.
2. - The sudden 'bang' of fireworks can be masked by keeping a radio or TV on, which can reduce the impact noises may have on your pet.
3. - Always draw the curtains or cover the windows to minimise the lights from the fireworks.
4. - Create a ‘safe place’ inside your home for your dog to hide from fireworks.
• A table draped with a blanket is a great retreat, or if your dog is used to being in a crate, cover it and leave it open with blankets inside.
5. - Don’t confine your dog to one room as they may hurt themselves trying to get out, particularly if they become stressed.
If your dog is still extremely stressed by fireworks after following this advice, you may want to consult your vet.
Contact Kathryn At Wag Walk Woof To Get Help With Your Dog Walks in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.